Disclaimer:Hey Guys, this post contains affiliate link to help our reader to buy best product\service for them. It helps us because we receive compensation for our time and expenses.
Okay, so before upgrading SQL server version to higher, we need to have setup files in place first.
Please see this link for list of the features which have been marked deprecated and discontinued in SQL server 2016 and SQL server 2017 if you are coming from lower version.
In this tutorial, we will walk through Microsoft official site and desire SQL version like 2017, 2019 setup files.
- Click on Microsoft SQL Download Link to visit official download page from Microsoft.
You will be redirected to official site of Microsoft for evaluation center.
- Please note:- SQL server 2016 onward, you will not find 32 bits version (discontinued). From SQL server 2016 only 64 bits setup are available to download and install.
- You can select your desire version from this center,mostly for doing R&D at home we can download evaluation edition from the list with 180 days trial period.
- Upon selecting desire version, bits and package type you will get below form to be filled up, you can enter any information. Information provided doesn’t get verified.
- Now, you can download its Installer file which generally comes with few MBs in size and from that Installer either you can download complete setup file or install it directly.
- Click on Download media, in case you want to download file and select Package (ISO)
Please see this link for list of the features which have been marked deprecated and discontinued in SQL server 2016 and SQL server 2017.
The biggest guru-mantra is: never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you.Chanakya
You must be logged in to post a comment.