Below is the error which I faced at one of my client while installing sql server 2005 64-bits during migration from sql server 2005 32-bits on the same machine.
- COM+ error while installing SQL Server 2005 64-bits during migration from SQL Server 2005 32-bits on the same machine.
- While installing sql server 64-bits during migration from sql server 32-bits on same machine,throws the error of COM+
- Failed to install and configure assemblies C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\DTS\Tasks\Microsoft.SqlServer.MSMQTask.dll in the COM+ catalog.
Error message: Unknown error 0x80131501
registered as 32 bit components in the target application. You must install
the 64 bit versions of the components being installed in a different COM+
application, or delete the existing 32 bit versions of the components being
installed from the target COM+ application prior to attempting install of the
64 bit versions. COM+ applications cannot contain bit neutral components.
1. Open Administrative Tools\Component Services.
2. Go to Component Services\Computers\My Computer\COM+ Applications.
3. Delete Microsoft.SqlServer.MSMQTask.
- This is how you can resolve when you face the issue described above.
- Please do comments when you find this useful or any suggestion on the same will be highly accepted.
You must be logged in to post a comment.